1. Athlon Sports Links | Athlon Sports has their team and conference previews, which include Texas Tech's preview, where they have Texas Tech as the #45 team in the nation and finishing 7th in the Big 12, Big 12 predictions, the All-Conference teams and perhaps the most shocking list ever . . . ranking the Big 12 uniforms, where Texas Tech finishes 7th. WR Eric Ward and DT Kerry Hyder make the first team, TE Jace Amaro, LT La'Raven Clark and DE Dartwan Bush make the second team and K Ryan Bustin, P Ryan Erxleben and KR Jakeem Grant all make the third team. Lots of stuff there, go check it out.
2. Ranking the Big 12 Games | NewsOK's Berry Tramel ranks the Big 12 games. Texas Tech makes its first appearance at #14 against Kansas:
14. Texas Tech at Kansas, Oct. 5: Seems high, I know. But KU's 21-game conference losing streak has to end sometime. This might be the Jayhawks' best chance of 2013.
Seriously? That's the absolute best game for Texas Tech?
3. Former Red Raiders at US Championships | Tori Polk won the silver in the women's long jump and Omo Osaghae advanced to the 110m hurdles finals. Congrats!
4. Petteway on Year With Gillispie | This article from the Omaha World Herald is really about former Red Raider Terran Petteway's new beginning at Nebraska and doesn't really comment on the situation specifically, but says this about his year with former Texas Tech head coach Billy Gillispie:
"That was the most crazy year of basketball I've ever had in my life,” said Petteway, not wanting to comment further. “I'm glad I got out. I have good parents that got me out of that situation."
5. The LAJ on the Running Backs | The LAJ is doing their positional preview and focuses on the running backs. Head coach Kliff Kingsbury said that he might rotate three running backs, and I do believe that:
"I’ve been used to rotating three," Kingsbury said, "so we’ll see how many we end up with in the fall, maybe redshirt somebody or make that adjustment when we get there. But we’ve been pretty good with a three-man rotation."
I think that seems about right, there's really only room for three.
6. One of San Antonio's Stories of the Year | The SAEN said that former Cibolo Steele head coach Mike Jinks leaving Steele for Texas Tech was one of San Antonio's stories of the year.
7. I Have Never Heard of This Site | NCAAFootball.com seems legitimate and it seems like the official article-writing arm of the NCAA. In any event, they wrote an article on Kingsbury being king in the mind of Red Raider fans. Get it? Anyway, it's a little generic, but it's a good thing to read for a Monday in late June.