Thanks for all of the birthday wishes. Not a lot of time for my birthday yesterday as Fitsum's birthday is today (Happy Birthday kiddo!) and we we did the BOUNCE HOUSE Y'ALL!!!! which was great because you come home to a relatively clean house and the kids all get tired. There's no one I'd rather share my birthday with than him, so all is well. Plus, last night the wife and I put together a table train set. He loves trains. He needs moar trains. I think he'll love it.
So I'm very bummed about the men's and women's basketball teams. The women's team is on a slide, but they'll get to play again in the NCAA Tournament. The men's team lost a heart-breaker and it was free throws, in my opinion, or the lack thereof, that ended up getting them in the end. I still don't know what I would do for the head coach. I'm torn, and maybe I shouldn't be torn. I'm just tired of this team being in shambles and now, after reading Bob Knight's article linked below. Seems like he had/has all of the answers.
TRACK AND FIELD
* Texas Tech Men Earn Best Finish In School History - Texas Tech Red Raiders Official Athletic Site | Ho hum, Bryce Lamb is also a national champion in the triple-jump. Congrats (and yes, I've searched for a photo, but couldn't find one)!
* Tech's Lamb, SPC grad Goule win titles at NCAA indoor meet | Red Raiders
* Oklahoma State Tops Texas Tech In Big 12 Quarterfinals - Texas Tech Red Raiders Official Athletic Site
* Lady Raiders eliminated from Big 12 tournament after loss to Oklahoma State | Red Raiders
* Lady Raider notebook: Nobles remains under doctor's supervision; Brown has rare off game | Red Raiders
* Tech Drops Tight OT Fight to Texas, 71-69 - Texas Tech Red Raiders Official Athletic Site
* Checking in with the 'General' | Red Raiders
* Texas Tech suffers heartbreaking OT loss to Texas for second straight year | Red Raiders
* Texas Tech notes: Texas uses heavy rebounding edge to build comeback | Red Raiders
* Red Raider regular season ends in overtime - The Daily Toreador: Sports