Good Guys | Texas Tech Red Raiders
Bad Guys | Kansas St. Wildcats
Date | November 9, 2013
Time | 11:00 am CST
Location | Jones AT&T Stadium | Lubbock, Texas
Weather | Sunny, High 68, Low 39
Television | ABC
Television Call | Dave Flemming (Play-by-Play), David Diaz Infante (Analyst), Lewis Johnson (Sideline)
Radio | Affiliates
Odds | Via OddsShark | Opening Line: 4 | Current Line: 2.5
In a bit of news that I haven't had to deliver in a long time, the soccer team lost in the semifinals, 1-0, to Oklahoma St. Don't worry, they're still headed to the NCAA Tournament with a vengeance. The Red Raiders won in basketball last night, beating Houston Baptist 76-71. I tried watching that game on the TV, but I don't get that channel and I couldn't find it online.
- Before you go click on any links, Totally Texas Tech has some great new campus photos! I sorta love the new artwork at Talkington Hall.
- The LAJ writes about how this is the last hurrah for the seniors and Texas Tech is catching K-State at a risky time. Truth be told, when is playing K-State not risky (the answer is when Ron Prince is the head coach and you are not the Longhorns).
- The DMN writes about how it is time for this battered defense to reclaim some of its swagger. Also from the DMN, they predict a Texas Tech win.
- The SAEN picks all of the Big 12 games, including Texas Tech in a close one.
- Texas Tech and Baylor will kickoff at 6:00 pm on Saturday night. I promised my wife a date night, so this week will be interesting.
- The CJOnline writes about AD Kirby Hocutt (a former K-Stater) and how he has re-shaped Texas Tech with his recent hires. KansasCity also has a Q&A with Hocutt.
- ESPN writes about how Texas Tech could excel in a spoiler role.
- USA Today had a Q&A session with head coach Kliff Kingsbury.
- Our friends over at Bring On The Cats kicks the tires on this game.
Lots of great videos this morning, including an update on cancer survivor Jennie Bailey. Wreck Em! A very emotional Sonny Cumbie at the end of the video talking about Ms. Bailey is pretty powerful testimony about what she means to the program.