Nobody reads these anymore but I still like talkin' football to myself!
Defense gets shredded
- Can’t stop the run
- Can’t hold on the "money down"
- Bell can actually throw the football with accuracy when needed, who knew?
- Secondary seemed to be unaware of the first down markers on third down and would give up just enough for them to move the chains
- Overall a demoralizing reality check for the defense
- We were not out hustled, just over powered and out played and we looked gassed in the 2nd half
Offense doesn’t quite have what it takes
- Tons of pressure on Webb from the pass rush
- Webb not as sharp as he needed to be
- Webb didn’t seem to check down to safety valve very well
- Dropped passes/bad throws
- It looks like we have this fixed
- Hard to judge this but I like the game that Kliff called, it was the execution that killed us
- Hard to differentiate (for me) bad defensive coaching vs. execution BUT, when the opponent marches down the field to score on the opening drive of the 2nd half with a 5+ minute drive, I feel that coaching has failed to make the right halftime adjustments/inspiration.
- We were able to respond offensively in a few clutch situations to prevent the game from getting out of hand.
- Jakeem Grant was awesome (We are not purple aggies and we will not complain about PI calls)
- D Washington looked good with 61 yards on 10 carries
- 3 receivers with 100 yards (Grant 99, Ward 106, Amaro 119)
- As a True Freshman QB, Webb played well enough to win in Norman
- The defense is humbled and will presumably come out with a chip on their shoulder next week
- We played to win instead of playing not to lose… YAAAY!
- I feel really bad about the UT game because they have the personnel to pound us with the run and now they have the game plan to do it
- More talk about how "hot" Kliff is and less about our performance on the field or just altogether less national talk (recruit exposure) about Texas Tech Football now that we are no longer undefeated.
- Suddenly Gundy and Snyder are the "easy" outs left on the schedule.
- We all knew that we didn’t have the talent of a top 10 team and now our ranking will better reflect that at 15.
- If we beat everyone except Baylor, we remain in the top 15, if we lose to UT or KSU; we have the opportunity to be unranked at seasons end. Still a lot to play for.
- We may actually get to see Brewer play this year now that the undefeated monkey is off of our back
- If we win any one of the four remaining games on our schedule, our team will have just about met or exceeded ALL of our preseason expectations. Not bad for the first season Kliff!