Good Guys | Texas Tech Red Raiders
Bad Guys | Oklahoma Sooners
Date | October 26, 2013
Time | 2:30 pm CST
Location | Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium | Norman, Oklahoma
Weather | Scattered Thunderstorms, 40% Chance of Rain, High 67, Low 43
Television | Fox
Television Call | Gus Johnson (Play-by-Play), Charles Davis (Analyst), Kristina Pink (Sideline)
Radio | Affiliates
Odds | Via OddsShark | Opening Line: 7 | Current Line: 6.5
The soccer team beat Kansas 1-0 last night and take on West Virginia on Sunday. Janine Beckie's goal was pretty spectacular.
One more note, which is that I'm seeing way too much of folks thinking that Texas Tech fans are a bit full of themselves for Texas Tech being 7-0 and not really playing anyone (see below) and that's fine and all. For opposing fanbases, just remember that Texas Tech was predicted to win 7 games all year and finish 8th or lower. Texas Tech fans feel like we're playing on house money rather than borrowed time, so yeah, we're feeling pretty good about things. We're 7-0 and happy about it. I think most national pundits had Texas Tech sitting at 4-3 right now and maybe 5-2, so I feel like we're ahead of schedule at this point and so I'm happy about it. This doesn't make us obnoxious, just a bit giddy.
- The LAJ has their matchups and another article about the opportunity is there for this team to prove itself, via RB DeAndre Washington:
"This is why you play Division I football," Washington, the Red Raiders’ sophomore running back, said. "Going on the road. If you want to be a Big 12 champion, you’ve got to go through the Big 12 champion. They’ve won several Big 12 championships, and we know that. We want to get that thing.
"The moment is here. Now it’s time to go get it."
- NewsOK has an article that is just about how Texas Tech hasn't played anybody and isn't the #10 team in the nation, which is fine, but that's really the depth of the article. Seriously. You could have done that in one sentence, or maybe a tweet or something.
- Also from the NewsOK is an article about how Texas Tech is one of the teams that helped ruin the Sooners' home field advantage (a 39 game winning streak). Finally, the NewsOK staff picks this game.
- Our pal David Ubben at FSSW picked Texas Tech to win. The FWST previews all of the Big 12 games. The SAEN picks the top 25 games and also features TTU vs. OU as the game of the week. The DMN's Chuck Carlton had one of them online chats (we call this the comment section) and was asked some Texas Tech questions.
- The USA Today has two articles mentioning Texas Tech, the first being a bit about how Texas Tech is a program facing pressure this week and another one about Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma is one of the top games this week.
- CBS Sports has some folks pick games, including Jerry Palm, who picks OU to win and cover, while Chip Patterson picks Texas Tech to win and cover. Bruce Feldman also picks the Sooners.
- FSSW has a bit on TE Jace Amaro congratulating Eric Ebron for winning the weekly national tight end of the week. Ebron re-tweeted it, so I'm guessing they are good.
- 24/7 Sports has some high school performances from last night, including Ennis' Jah'Shawn Johnson (a safety commit was partially involved in the offense), Spring Dekaney's Demarcus Felton (371 yards on 44 carries), Steele's Justin Stockton (118 yards on 15 carries), Argyle's Ian Sadler (57 total yards with 2 TD's) and Connor Wilson (87 yards on 2 carries) and Princeton's Jakari Dillard (9 catches for 90 yards). In awesome news, Michael Irvin Jr. plays for Plano Prestonwood and is just a sophomore.