Good Guys | Texas Tech Red Raiders
Bad Guys | Oklahoma Sooners
Date | October 26, 2013
Time | 2:30 pm CST
Location | Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium | Norman, Oklahoma
Weather | Partly Cloudy, High 65, Low 43
Television | Fox
Television Call | Gus Johnson (Play-by-Play), Charles Davis (Analyst), Kristina Pink (Sideline)
Radio | Affiliates
Odds | Via OddsShark | Opening Line: 7
Let's do this.
- Official Site Preview | Here's your official site preview page. No new depth chart as of 4:30 am, but the depth chart hasn't changed since SMU.
- Polling | Here you go. The USA Today Coaches Poll and the AP Top 25 Poll. Texas Tech is #9 in the USA Today Coaches Poll and #10 in the AP Top 25 Poll. Go check out PollSpeak, which has the ballot of every writer for the AP Poll. The writer that has Texas Tech the lowest, at #18, is a writer for Aggie Sports, Robert Cessna, who just so happens to write in College Station about the Aggies. Cessna's Aggies are at #12 on his ballot and Oklahoma St. and Oklahoma are right in front of Texas Tech on his ballot. One other bit. After Texas Tech's win, the USA Today had Texas Tech as one of the winners from week 8.
- Week 8 in the Big 12 | FSSW has their power rankings, with Texas Tech at #2. Also from FSSW are week 8 thoughts. ESPN handed out helmet stickers and TE Jace Amaro received one and also has their own week 8 thoughts.
- BCS Standings | The BCS standings were released and that favorite writer on the BCS stuff is Matt Hinton and he's writing about it at Football Study Hall. Lots of good thoughts there. Also, Team Speed Kills projects bowl games and thinks Texas Tech plays Missouri in the Sugar Bowl. DMN's Chuck Carlton writes about the BCS standings and Baylor's quarterback thinks the computers or someone is doubting Baylor, which seems a bit premature. The computers control at this point, in large part, not human doubt, plus horrible out of conference scheduling to this point. The horrible out of conference scheduling goes for Texas Tech too.
- Looking Towards OU | The LAJ has five key developments as well as an article about how the tough road schedule starts now. I would agree, it gets pretty fun from here on out. NewsOK has two articles, one being a notebook sort of early preview and another about how Texas Tech has had success against Oklahoma. Both of the NewsOK articles have auto-playing videos and a flash plug-in that almost crashed my computer.