LINKS | Running a bit late this morning, but these are your Texas Tech morning links.
- The LAJ has an article on trying to slow down the Kansas rushing game, at least better than last year:
"We just didn’t play as aggressive as I think you need to play," Wallerstedt said. "Just technique maybe with the front. I know (new defensive line coach) John Scott’s done a great job with our guys this year, and I know what we inherited. I know how maybe they went about business last year. I just think 390 yards is a lot of yards, for anybody to do that."And LB Blake Dees thinks that being multiple on defense is going to be an advantage for the Texas Tech defense:
"We’re not just in a 4-3," Dees said, referring to the team’s base defense in 2012. "We’ve got all kinds of fronts and looks that they can’t sit there and beat us in one look, because we have multiple fronts. They’re going to have to adjust just as well as we do, and I think that’s going to be a big aspect."
- The LAJ also has updates on all of the Texas Tech commits. Also, Texas Tech received a commitment from Tyler J.C. offensive lineman, Drew Sarvary and I've got a profile coming up later this afternoon.
- Via the Kansan, Charlie Weis reminded everyone that it has been 1,063 days, as of yesterday, since Kansas has won a Big 12 game. Also via the Kansan, and they let us know that LB Victor Simmons will be covering TE Jace Amaro.
- SB Nation's The Numerical and The Alphabetical are here to entertain you. Also of note is Football Outsiders S&P+ ratings, which still think that Texas Tech is the 56th best team in the nation. Again, they just plug the numbers into the formula and it spits out the rest. It's the offense that just isn't up to snuff, which is true. It could be better. Speaking of offense . . .
- Here's the LAJ's Don Williams via the Twitter machine last night:
Not peeking, but when I arrived for post-practice media time today, #TexasTech Michael Brewer was trotting off the field in full pads (cont.— Don Williams (@AJ_DonWilliams) October 1, 2013
and smiling. Biggest difference between Brewer in past week and the past month is body language: Smile on his face, bounce in his step. ...— Don Williams (@AJ_DonWilliams) October 1, 2013
Looks like his old self again vs. the guy who looked really down (understandably so) for most of September.— Don Williams (@AJ_DonWilliams) October 1, 2013
A reminder, though, that Kliff Kingsbury said yesterday Brewer hasn't been fully cleared yet.— Don Williams (@AJ_DonWilliams) October 1, 2013
More from Viva The Matadors:
- Possible Red Raiders: Weekly Recruiting Update - 10/1/13
- Pullquotes | Texas Tech HC Kliff Kingsbury Talks Team During Bye Week and Weis' Work Ethic
- Big 12 Roundup | WVU Upsets Oklahoma St.; OU Wins at Notre Dame; ISU Gets Win
- Texas Tech Red Raiders vs. Kansas Jayhawks | Game and TV Info; Opening Odds; Morning Links
- Sunday Funday Open Thread