Good Guys | Texas Tech Red Raiders
Bad Guys | West Virginia Mountaineers
Date | October 19, 2013
Time | 11:00 am CST
Location | Mountaineer Field at Milan Puskar Stadium | Morgantown, West Virginia
Weather | Partly Cloudy, High 58, Low 42
Television | Fox Sports 1
Television Call | Justin Kutcher (Play-by-Play), James Bates (Analyst), Brady Poppinga (Sideline)
Radio | Affiliates
Odds | Via OddsShark | Opening Line: 6.5 | Current Line: 5
Sun's Up! Guns Up! Good morning everyone. Pretty good little week. Pretty good little week. Just as an aside, the line initially opened at 6.5, then went to 7, and now has dropped to 5 to 5.5. That's some interesting movement. The schedule for today is the initial game thread goes up at 10:00 am, then noon and the last game thread goes up at 2:00 pm. The general college football thread goes up at 2:30 pm.
- The LAJ has matchups and an article about Texas Tech being one step closer to being 7-0.
- There are a handful of predictions, so I'll get to the most that I can. Matt Hinton from Football Outsiders picks WVU and this is my favorite preview of the big games of the week. CBS Sports has their experts pick games and a couple of them picked WVU. The USA Today has their picks and also writes that Texas Tech is one of the programs facing pressure this week. Football Study Hall has two different methods of F/+ picks and check out the projected win totals for Texas Tech right now from Football Study Hall. FSSW has their Big 12 picks of the week (He loves us, he really really loves us!).
- The FWST previews the Big 12 games of the week, while the DMN's Chuck Carlton has some Big 12 thoughts, including how good Kingsbury has been as a coach. FSSW has their Big 12 storylines for week 8.
- This is a pretty big deal. Bylaw Blog notes that a new rule has been implemented and it permits early enrollees in high school can now sign their letter of intent on August 1st. This, I think, is a huge deal. It won't have any effect this year, but in 2014, this is going to be a huge deal. The summer just got a little more interesting.
- A couple of pretty good player interviews. FSSW talks with TE Jace Amaro about his season last year and his injury. Really good and you know what he went through last year with his injury. ESPN talks with RB Kenny Williams that's fun to read too.
- From the WVU side of things, The Smoking Musket previews the game. The Daily-Mail has WVU by the numbers. The Herald-Dispatch with the issues at QB for WVU. And this guy from the Kansas City Star is totally hacked off at the Big 12.
- From the Amarillo Globe-News on how former Amarillo High and Texas Tech standouts Len Wright and Tom Mathiasmeier got back together in Lubbock to support their former coach Spike Dykes at the luncheon for the Lubbock Area Foundation.