Bring it Big Phil. A lot of gifted points. A lot. It reminded me of the box score I do in the Iconography post that details the number of points that a team gets inside their opponent 25 yard line. ISU got two of those opportunities. Short fields stink.
WHAT WENT RIGHT
- The running game was just spectacular with 251 rushing yards on 45 carries for . So you credit some really nifty moves by the running backs and the offensive line did a helluva job blocking.
- Davis Webb wasn't great, but he was just fine. He helped put up 42 points on a pretty good team. Yes, I think Iowa St. is a good football team, although their record doesn't reflect that.
- You can't fault the defense for all of those 35 points. Again, short fields and a kickoff return sure oes make that easy on an opposing offense.
- I thought Kerry Hyder was terrific all game long.
- Iowa St. only had 311 yards of total offense all game long. Texas Tech had 666 . . . What? Someone go lose a yard or something.
WHAT WENT WRONG
- Special teams. Oh my. I think that those guys are going to have some fun practices with Coach Haverty this week.
- Seemed like a lot of guys dinged up, I really want this team to be full strength next week against West Virginia.