I tend to do these retrospectives after the end of the year, but the truth of the matter is that with the recruiting class up in the air, I thought the retrospective could be done after National Signing Day, but we could still opine on the state of the various positions groups leading up to signing day. Obviously, with the influx of any players, things could change.
WHO IS GONE
|65||LaAdrian Waddle||SR||6-6/330||Offensive Line|
|68||Terry McDaniel||SR||6-7/328||Offensive Line|
|66||Deveric Gallington||SR||6-3/319||Offensive Line|
|72||Beau Carpenter||RS SO||6-6/284||Offensive Line|
|71||Kyle Clark||RS JR||6-5/286||Offensive Line|
|62||Le'Raven Clark||RS FR||6-5/303||Offensive Line|
|73||Rashad Fortenberry||JR||6-5/275||Offensive Line|
|64||Wayne Foster||FR||6-3/266||Offensive Line|
|61||Matt Gonzales||FR||5-11/255||Offensive Line|
|76||Conner Grooms||FR||6-2/284||Offensive Line|
|75||Jared Kaster||FR||6-3/271||Offensive Line|
|77||Trey Keenan||FR||6-6/280||Offensive Line|
|56||Alfredo Morales||RS FR||6-3/302||Offensive Line|
|51||Tony Morales||RS FR||6-3/302||Offensive Line|
|63||James Polk||RS SO||6-6/332||Offensive Line|
|67||Matt Wilson||RS FR||6-6/268||Offensive Line|
1. Do you think the bigger issue with the offensive line is having three offensive line coaches in three years (Matt Moore, Chris Thomsen and Lee Hays) or is it replacing three starters along the offensive line?
2. The general thought has been that Le'Raven Clark would step into that left tackle spot, but do you see any other players that could possibly play left tackle?
3. Jared Kaster seemed to play pretty well for a true freshman filling in for Deveric Gallington in spots. Do you think he can handle the starting center spot next year or would you rather see him redshirt next year or start?
4. Is this the year that the Morales Brothers, Alfredo and Tony, get the chance to shine on the field? Where do you envision them playing, especially if the center spot is maybe Kaster's and Beau Carpenter is playing left guard right now?
5. what is the one area that you would like to see the offensive line improve upon next year (pass blocking, consistency, run blocking, etc.)?