Help answer five questions about the returning Texas Tech receivers. Who is going to step up their play of the returning players?
WHO IS GONE
|6||Austin Zouzalik||SR||6-0/187||Inside Receiver|
|3||Tyson Williams||SR||5-11/210||Wide Receiver|
|86||Alex Torres||SR||6-1/202||Wide Receiver|
|14||Darrin Moore||SR||6-4/216||Wide Receiver|
|88||Marcus Kennard||SR||6-3/203||Wide Receiver|
|1||Javon Bell||JR||6-0/180||Wide Receiver|
|2||Reginald Davis||FR||6-0/184||Wide Receiver|
|19||Derreck Edwards||RS FR||6-1/177||Wide Receiver|
|87||Aaron Fisher||RS JR||6-2/188||Wide Receiver|
|18||Eric Ward||RS JR||6-0/204||Wide Receiver|
|28||Dominique Wheeler||FR||6-1/177||Wide Receiver|
|9||Shawn Corker||RS SO||6-1/193||Wide Receiver
|85||Jordan Davis||RS SO||5-10/174||Inside Receiver|
|11||Jakeem Grant||RS FR||5-6/163||Inside Receiver|
|22||Jace Amaro||SO||6-5/257||Tight End|
*As an aside, I left off who I think are the walk-on receivers except for Jordan Davis, who seems to have seen more time than any of the other ones. You can see the entire roster here.
1. I think that you can now see that Eric Ward staying for his senior year was vital as the depth chart is very much thinned out. What are your expectations for Ward and do you think he is generally over-looked as a very good player that doesn't seem to get enough credit?
2. Two of the most athletically gifted players, Reginald Davis and Dominique Wheeler, redshirted this past year. How big of an impact do you think they will have next year.
3. What are your expectations for Amaro? He has been hurt and when he returned he punched another player.
4. Derreck Edwards and Shawn Corker have somewhat teased us with their potential, what are your expectations for them now that the depth chart has cleared out a bit.?
5. Give me your two-deep heading into spring practice? Starters and backups at the two wide receiver spots and starters and backups at the two inside spots. Also, you can assume that everyone is healthy (i.e. Marquez and Bell).