* Curry Gets Win No. 300 as Tech Downs K-State - Texas Tech Red Raiders Official Athletic Site | Congrats to the Lady Raiders and Coach Curry. Seemed like the game was never really in question and the final score, 59-50, seems closer than what it was.
* Tech Baseball Alumni Game & First Pitch Dinner Set for Jan. 26 - Texas Tech Red Raiders Official Athletic Site | No one promotes Texas Tech baseball more than Scott Lacefield. Follow him on Twitter, he is terrific.
* Steele's Jinks to coach Tech running backs - San Antonio Express-News and Jinks leaving Steele to join staff at Texas Tech as running backs coach | kens5.com San Antonio and Reports: Tech hires successful San Antonio-area HS coach as assistant | Red Raiders | Profile forthcoming later this morning. This is a somewhat risky hire because he's just been a high school coach, but Jinks can coach.
* Grayshirting WR Peyton Williams Decides To Leave Colorado - The Ralphie Report | The news from yesterday was that Peyton Williams is the transfer that was leaked yesterday. I found it odd that during the Ask Level segment, Level didn't want to reveal anything about Williams because he wanted to respect Williams' privacy, but it seems like he sort of teased it on Twitter and then there was a paywall story about Williams where RRS broke the information. Wanting to keep something private to respect someone's privacy and then having a story on it seemed like a strange dichotomy (I don't care one way or another, it was Level's reaction on the radio not wanting to talk about it that I found odd). Williams is from Southlake Carroll and had 90 catches, 1,162 receiving yards and 10 touchdowns his senior year. Williams was apparently injured towards the end of his senior year and Colorado told him that he would have a scholarship starting the spring of 2013. This is similar to Texas Tech commit J.J. Loller who had the eye injury and had to sit out, but the coaching staff promised him a scholarship (WR Lyle Leong was another guy that was greyshirted as was CB Theirry Nguema). The difference is that Williams apparently changed his mind and wanted to be closer to home. From what I've ready, Williams was a part-time student and paid his own way, which will make him eligible to play immediately. Coming out of high school, Williams was a 2-star or 3-star player, depending on the recruiting service.
* Did Bill Young Get Fired? | Pistols Firing | Oklahoma St. defensive coordinator Bill Young was apparently fired yesterday and I said yesterday in the comments that I'd take Bill Young in a heartbeat and heck yes. I'd be fine with whoever Kingsbury chooses, but Bill Young is not a bad defensive coordinator. They are terrific against the run and have been poor against the pass. Texas Tech has been the opposite and I'd much rather see Texas Tech be able to stop running teams over passing teams. The other interesting thing is that Young is an Oklahoma St. alum.
* Twitter / ill_Take_That: New Offers Hawaii And Texas Tech... | Mesa C.C. CB Damarious Randall tweeted yesterday that Texas Tech offered him. Here is his Hudl video and Rivals profile.