Erich Schlegel - Getty Images
Get your prediction on with the game between Texas Tech and Iowa St.
TEXAS TECHDate | September 29, 2011
Time | 6:00 pm CST
Good Guys | Texas Tech Red Raiders
Bad Guys | Iowa St. Cyclones
Location | Ames, IA
Weather | High 70, Low 49
TV | Fox College Sports
Radio | Affiliates
Game Cast | FoxSports
THIS WEEK ON VTM* Taking Notes | Texas Tech vs. Iowa St.
* Point of Attack | Texas Tech vs. Iowa St.
* Stats That Matter | Texas Tech v. Iowa St.
* Breaking Down the Cyclones With a Zodiac
Hey! Make sure and check out Wide Right & Natty Lite's excellent preview of the game. I'm not kidding, it's good. Also, if you are making the trip to Ames, then make sure and check out Wide Right & Natty Lite's guide to Ames.
I also wanted to point out
SB Nation's Football Outsider's Bill Connelly and his weekly column on the Football Outsider rankings. He had this to say about Texas Tech and it's encouraging, but something could go horribly wrong:
"What The..." Team of the Week: Texas Tech. I know the Red Raiders haven't played anybody yet. Obviously. But it's one thing to beat bad teams easily. It's another to do what they've been doing. They have beaten Northwestern State, Texas State, and New Mexico by a combined 151 to 30. They outgained those three teams, 1,793 yards to 481. And from what I can tell, head coach Tommy Tuberville hasn't exactly left his starters in for an inordinate amount of time. With their experience level, Tech received a rather favorable projection from us in the Football Outsiders Almanac 2012, but they have already improved on that projection significantly, ranking in the top 12 in both S&P+ and FEI. Up next: a really interesting trip to Ames to face an Iowa State team that has also exceeded expectations thus far.
You know the drill. Answer the questions and vote in the poll.
1. Texas Tech is averaging 6.5 yards per carry, which is 7th in the nation. Do you think that Texas Tech will continue that per carry average against Iowa St. or will things be tougher?
2. Texas Tech has only had two turnovers all year, do you have the over/under on 1.5 turnovers gained against Iowa St.?
3. Jace Amaro, Darrin Moore and Eric Ward all have three touchdowns each. Which of these three players will have another touchdown after Saturday night?
4. Texas Tech is averaging 4.67 tackles for a loss, do you have the over/under on 4.5 against Iowa St.?
5. The opening line opened with Texas Tech being favored by one and now the line has jumped to three. How confident are you that Texas Tech covers the spread, or do they cover the spread at all?
Predict the outcome of the Iowa St. game.
Texas Tech, by 4 or more. (412 votes)
Texas Tech, by 3 or less. (39 votes)
Iowa St., by 4 or more. (39 votes)
Iowa St., by 3 or less. (8 votes)
498 total votes