I've copied the questions and they're after the jump. Copy, paste into a comment, and play along. All the cool kids are doing it.
1. WHAT HAS BEEN THE BIGGEST REVELATION ON OFFENSE THUS FAR? | Maybe it's just me, but I love hearing about all of the options at receiver for Texas Tech. As I wrote earlier this week, it's a little much to have so many receiving options and I've always thought that the team needs to have four strong receivers, but with all of this depth I'm fascinated to see how the playing time will shake out. The other thing is the repetition factor. Will the second and third team receivers be able to develop that consistency with QB Seth Doege? I'm not sure how that will shake out, but I'm really interested.
2. WHAT HAS BEEN THE BIGGEST REVELATION ON DEFENSE THUS FAR? | The attention to detail is so encouraging. Art Kaufman going through the basics, which is also incredibly depressing on another level, and focusing on tackling. I also recall some video of Kaufman during the spring really working with the players on hand placement and footwork that was incredibly basic, but if you want to build this defense up, I don't think that coaches can skip this stuff. Although it's cliche, it's part of the process of having a better defense. Let's get the simple stuff down and work from there.
3. WHO ARE YOU MOST EXCITED TO SEE PLAY THIS YEAR ON THE OFFENSE (NOT LIMITED TO NEWCOMERS)? | The easy answer and the answer I'm going to go with is the return of RB Eric Stephens. There has been much debate on the TTU interwebs about the importance of Stephens and what his absence meant to the offense down the stretch. If Stephens is fully healthy then I think this offense will be more consistent and will take a dramatic turn in the right direction. I'm afraid of what will happen if he does not make a full recovery.
4. WHO ARE YOU MOST EXCITED TO SEE PLAY THIS YEAR ON THE DEFENSE (NOT LIMITED TO NEWCOMERS)? | I have a hard time just leaving it to one player, but if I have to go with just one, it would be LB Branden Jackson and DT Delvon Simmons. Smith could solve so many problems for this defense and maybe we need to think about the solutions on defense as being a collective rather than an individual, but I'm a big believer in individual players making significant impacts and if Smith is as good as he was during the spring, this solves a handful of problems., although I could make the case for DE
5. A WEEK INTO PRACTICE, WHAT ARE YOU MOST CONCERNED ABOUT? | There are so many little things to be concerned about, things that bled over from the offseason to now. The depth of the offensive line is curiously thin (i.e. an injury to a starter means a young player is going to see significant snaps) or can the defensive line really stop the run or will another cornerback step up their play and be "the guy" opposite of CB Cornelius Douglas? Those are my biggest concerns and I hope the latter two are figured out along the way. There may not be a more important need for a group to improve other than at defensive line.
1. WHAT HAS BEEN THE BIGGEST REVELATION ON OFFENSE THUS FAR?
2. WHAT HAS BEEN THE BIGGEST REVELATION ON DEFENSE THUS FAR?
3. WHO ARE YOU MOST EXCITED TO SEE PLAY THIS YEAR ON THE OFFENSE (NOT LIMITED TO NEWCOMERS)?
4. WHO ARE YOU MOST EXCITED TO SEE PLAY THIS YEAR ON THE DEFENSE (NOT LIMITED TO NEWCOMERS)?
5. A WEEK INTO PRACTICE, WHAT ARE YOU MOST CONCERNED ABOUT?