What route should we take if this season goes bust?
Now first off, I am not writing next season off. I am not wanting Tuberville gone either. I want him to succeed, but history is often a forecast of the future, and the past 2 years we have a 13-12 record, nevertheless, I fully expect an 8-9 win season with a middle to upper teir bowl. With Doege back, with a starting receving corp of Ward, Zouzalik, Torres and Moore, DC Kaufman reportedly making progress with the defense. I believe that we have the talent and the coaching to get back to at least Leach-era standards. But we must hope for the best and prepare for the worst. So.......
1. Sonny Dykes-This would be great. Sonny knows the Air Raid, he might bring Tony Franklin with him, or promote Cumbie to OC. and he does more with less, you have to in order to Coach in Ruston, Louisiana. If our defense is not bad, keep Kaufman. Air Raid will fly again.
2. Kliff K- We would be taking a chance, but lets assume his offense shreds the SEC defenses and he really is shown to be head coach material. Come back to the Mothership, Kliff, you ran the offense before and that seemed to turn out pretty well.
3. Ruffin-I highly doubt Ruffin would come back if offered, but he was really wanting the job. Myers is gone, and Hocutt might very well see how well Ruff did as a DC (for the most part). I think we would be wise to offer. In fact, he should be the second option, and make KK the 3rd.
4. Dana H-Again, a long shot, and hes closer to home in W.Va, growing up an Iowa boy. But there is no doubt Dana has what it takes to take us up.
5. Neal Brown-I say give wunderkid a shot at least at interviewing. Maybe he will tell them he had been constrained but Tuberville wanting to run the ball.
Anymore options? Thoughts and comments? And again, I do not hope nor expect Tubs to tank, we have a golden oppourtunity this year with Zero U and Yew Tee at home to make some noise. But, we have to prepare for the what if.