no matter which side of the fence you lean on... there are plenty of reasons to be bullish about this FB season.
- Tubs on the Hotseat.. whether you like him or not, he will be more motivated to win this year. Playing for his job, period
- Way more Defensive coaching experience and an end to hard to play, gimmicky D scheme. we get better on that side of ball.
- a slew of Juco transfers on the defensive side of the ball, particularily at LB (smith) and DB (countless others)
- Senior Quarterback, Seth Doege. Usually Quarterbacks play better with experience.. we would expect this with Doege
- Other Seniors, Eric Stephens... Also Alex Torres who was beast last year and will likely show up big in his senior campaign
- Eric Ward, our leading receiver is back on offense.. along with k. williams, & B. Marquez, B. McRoy, M. Kennard, possibly D. Washington, & J. Amaro. I still believe Moore is a tad overrated as his two "big" games were against non-con powderpuffs but there is a chance I am wrong
- More offensive talent all around for NB to work with. J.McRoy, S.Foster, J.Bell, Ty. Williams, Derek Edwards & J. Grant
Conclusion, this season will likely lead to some Closure as to who is our head football coach going forward. A change will happen, Win more or Go Home for Tuberville. Again, like him or not, he is playing for his Job, which should be more exciting than last few years. 8 wins or Sonny Dykes. I think one of the more frustrating things with Tech football over the past year was knowing that there was no bottom for the team.
this year, we have a bottom.. if we lose or skip a bowl game... we will get change.
Everything points in our favor and I would much rather see us win 8 to 9 games than to have a coaching change. Change is not always good but it will give us something new to talk about in the event of a crappy season, a consolation. At least we will have that this year!
Related but other non TTU specific team reasons to be excited about the season
- Whether you like him or not, you will get to see Mike Leach field a team for the first time since 2009..
- Jake Karam suits up for Memphis and hopefully represents well
- Big 12 additions should spice things up and we will probably be going to a 12 team Big 12 when all said and done
This is a FanPost and does not necessarily reflect the views of Viva The Matadors' writers or editors. It does reflect the views of this particular fan though, which is as important as the views of Viva The Matadors' writers or editors.