no matter which side of the fence you lean on... there are plenty of reasons to be bullish about this FB season.
- Tubs on the Hotseat.. whether you like him or not, he will be more motivated to win this year. Playing for his job, period
- Way more Defensive coaching experience and an end to hard to play, gimmicky D scheme. we get better on that side of ball.
- a slew of Juco transfers on the defensive side of the ball, particularily at LB (smith) and DB (countless others)
- Senior Quarterback, Seth Doege. Usually Quarterbacks play better with experience.. we would expect this with Doege
- Other Seniors, Eric Stephens... Also Alex Torres who was beast last year and will likely show up big in his senior campaign
- Eric Ward, our leading receiver is back on offense.. along with k. williams, & B. Marquez, B. McRoy, M. Kennard, possibly D. Washington, & J. Amaro. I still believe Moore is a tad overrated as his two "big" games were against non-con powderpuffs but there is a chance I am wrong
- More offensive talent all around for NB to work with. J.McRoy, S.Foster, J.Bell, Ty. Williams, Derek Edwards & J. Grant
Conclusion, this season will likely lead to some Closure as to who is our head football coach going forward. A change will happen, Win more or Go Home for Tuberville. Again, like him or not, he is playing for his Job, which should be more exciting than last few years. 8 wins or Sonny Dykes. I think one of the more frustrating things with Tech football over the past year was knowing that there was no bottom for the team.
this year, we have a bottom.. if we lose or skip a bowl game... we will get change.
Everything points in our favor and I would much rather see us win 8 to 9 games than to have a coaching change. Change is not always good but it will give us something new to talk about in the event of a crappy season, a consolation. At least we will have that this year!
Related but other non TTU specific team reasons to be excited about the season
- Whether you like him or not, you will get to see Mike Leach field a team for the first time since 2009..
- Jake Karam suits up for Memphis and hopefully represents well
- Big 12 additions should spice things up and we will probably be going to a 12 team Big 12 when all said and done