New post for the afternoon.
Since the other post from this morning is getting a bit long with comments, I'll go ahead and post what I have in terms of links this afternoon. Also, here's what we know from today:
- Chris Thomsen is the interim head coach for the bowl game.
- At Saturday's press conference, the entire defensive staff said that they would help out with the bowl game, so I assume that DC Art Kaufman will coach the defense.
- Also announced today, Sonny Cumbie would call plays for the offense and coach quarterbacks.
- Former OC Neal Brown officially resigned today and took the job at Kentucky, which is why Cumbie is calling plays.
- Finally, RRS.com is apparently reporting that the coaching search is down to TAMU OC Kliff Kingsbury and Clemson OC Chad Morris. I don't have a subscription, but Kingsbury and Morris' photos are on their front page.
A lot happened today.
* National Football Foundation Award Dinner ~ Student of the Game | Lots of terrific pictures from S Cody Davis and his recent trip to New York.
* - The Daily | Although you can't tell by the title, this is a very good story on interim head coach Chris Thomsen and what he did at Abilene Christian.
* Morris, Kingsbury 'right at the top' of Tech target list, source says | Red Raiders | Kinda confirming what we already know.
* Kentucky Football: Neal Brown To Become Kentucky Offensive Coordinator - A Sea Of Blue | I'll be answering questions for A Sea of Blue in the next few days. Again, I'm glad that Neal landed on his feet.
* 8 Coaches to Replace Tommy Tuberville at Texas Tech | AthlonSports.com | This was an interesting list and had some names on it that I had not considered. Still, I think it's down to two candidates, Kingsbury and Morris and the names listed here were from this morning.
* Furious Bleacher Report Editor Will Make Staff Rank Things All F#%king Night If He Has To | The Onion - America's Finest News Source | Ha! Ha! Lots of cursing and not safe for work, but funny.