I am trying to figure out what I know about the Big 12. I glad Texas Tech didn't give up football last week after losing to what appears to be a very good Oklahoma team. Iowa St. really stuck with Kansas St. all game and those are really two very good teams. Texas Tech had a better showing that Texas did against Oklahoma, but I don't think those things are transitive. Texas Tech is a better football team than last year and they just beat the #5 team in the nation. I don't think that West Virginia was deserving of that ranking because of their defense, but Texas Tech just beat a very good team.
WHAT WENT RIGHT
- I have been sick since yesterday. It seems that now I need to be sick for every game and will do my best to make out with any man or woman that looks like they have a cold to continue the streak. #dedication.
- The pass defense was terrific, and I thought that Geno Smith was bothered by the wind. He seemed fine in the first quarter, but when he was facing the wind he had problems.
- This is why you don't give up on a senior quarterback. Faith is not an easy thing, Seth Doege isn't perfect and he'll probably have another bad game, but he's pretty good. I don't know if you ruin his confidence replacing him last week, but you open the door for a ton of questions. I think it was the right idea to stick with him.
- Just a really terrific game, thought the entire secondary was lights out. From Eugene Neboh, Cody Davis, D.J. Johnson, Bruce Jones and Tre' Porter. They all played great and they were helped out quite a bit from the front four.
WHAT WENT WRONG
- Injuries to Bradley Marquez and Cornelius Douglas. I feel sorry for Marquez and if he really was thinking about going to the MLB's full time, I feel even worse. I want people to be able to get to their dreams. Douglas is apparently week-to-week while Marquez is out for the year. Think a good thought for Marquez.
- I can't think of anything that I need to complain about. Maybe the first kickoffs that gave West Virginia a really short field, but I'm reaching if I have to do that.
Get your party on Big Phil.