Waking up late this morning and have to get to work early. Good times. Feel free to caption the photo.
- Texas Tech Runs Midweek Win Streak to Eight Games - TEXAS TECH OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE and Hagen's slam lifts Red Raiders past New Mexico | Red Raiders and Tech pitcher guides squad to 6-1 win - The Daily Toreador: Sports | Nice to get a win. Freshman P Duke von Schamann got the win and 1b Stephen Hagen hit a grand slam. Another game tonight.
- Red Raiders Move Up to Fourth at Big 12 Championships - TEXAS TECH OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE and Texas Tech roundup: Red Raider golfers climb to fourth place | Red Raiders | I don't think that anyone is going to catch Oklahoma St., but the golf team is making a move.
- No. 21 Texas Tech Faces No. 25 Oklahoma in Quarterfinals of Big 12 Championship - TEXAS TECH OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE and Bench player sparks Tech men’s tennis - The Daily Toreador: Sports and Four Red Raiders Earn Academic All-Big 12 Honors - TEXAS TECH OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE | I think the match against Oklahoma starts on Friday. Also, congrats to the four Red Raiders named to the first team All-Big 12: Raony Carvalho, Rafael Garcia, Vitor Manzini and Raphael Pfister.
Tuberville weighs in on conservative talk show | Red Raiders | Would just like to remind everyone, that yes, I'm linking to Tuberville's interview with Hannity, I am asking that you keep the political comments to yourself. Yes, I know this is probably impossible, but it's because you like me. Just try to keep it to the sports please. And to try to push this towards the gridiron, here's Tuberville on 1340 the Fan with Ryan Hyatt where he talks about the schedule and DT Delvon Simmons: Texas Tech Head Football Coach Tommy Tuberville on the Williams & Hyatt Show [AUDIO] - SportsRadio 1340 The Fan.
- College Teams, Relying on Deception, Undermine Gender Equity - NYTimes.com and MGoBlog | Define Equity, Title IX | I have apparently used up all the 20 NY Times articles that I can view for free in a month, but Brian Cook from MGoBlog provides an excellent counter-point. Back when I was in law school, I did my thesis on Title IX litigation and it was essentially a how-to for individuals to create a class, sue school districts in a class action law suit and the attorney gets paid no matter what because said school district is not in compliance with Title IX because it's almost impossible for every school to know what Title IX requires. I never did anything with my thesis, but if an attorney wanted to make a lot of money in their careers without ever losing a case, this is the way to go.
- Jim Tressel Is Safe and Bruce Feldman Is Wrong, an Examination of Where the Case Stands - Along The Olentangy | I linked to the SB Nation article about how it looks as if Tressel is a dead-man-walking. Thought it would be good to provide a counter-point from SBN's Ohio St. blog. Obviously, you may not agree with the alternate point of view, but I wanted to throw it out there.
- Red Raiders Add Two JUCO Standouts to Recruiting Class - TEXAS TECH OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE | I always forget that the baseball signing class is relatively early. In any event, Spencer signed 2 JUCO players giving Spencer 8 total signees in the 2012 class.
The Big 12's surprising spring risers - Big 12 Blog - ESPN and Sizing up the Big 12's returning tacklers - Big 12 Blog - ESPN | Two articles from Ubben, both of them mention LB Blake Dees. Ubben mentions that Dees will now be able to rush the passer, and I don't know that the LB is really going to be doing that, except on occasional blitzing situations.
- NFL Lockout: Judge Nelson Rules In Favor Of Players, But What Does It All Mean? - SBNation.com | I really don't keep up with the NFL and the lockout because it gives me tired-head.
Sagrada Familia: Gaudí's cathedral is nearly done, but would he have liked it? | Art and design | The Observer | I've always wanted to see Gaudi's cathedral because I've always thought that pictures don't do the architecture justice. I also didn't realize that it's almost finished.
- Dear Roger Goodell: This Is What A Typical NFL Career Looks Like and Joe Perry Dies: Concussions Possibly Linked To Hall Of Famer's Health Problems - SBNation.com | Just thought these were interesting as two links rather than one.
- Battie provides physical presence for the Sixers off the bench | Philadelphia Daily News | 04/27/2011 | Former Red Raider Tony Battie is still getting it done. What a long career.
- The Toolbox: Offensive Line Stats - Football Study Hall | Always interesting stuff from Bill Connelly.
Scout.com: RPTV: Chad Glasgow on Texas Tech Defense | I have not previously seen this, but this is Glasgow after the spring game talking about the Texas Tech defense. Interesting in that he says he installed the entire defense in 4 days. Talks about doing the simple and fundamental things, which I think is good: tackling, leverage, and making one-on-one plays.