So now that the season is over and the venom overfloweth I thought we should take a step back and find out what actually went right this year (if anything). Yes, I'm waving a red cape to distract the bull but I figured it was worth a shot. Here goes nothing....
1. The improvement of Donny Carona's kicking ability. He was pretty much automatic when the offensive line held their blocks. He came a long way from his freshman year and I think it should be applauded.
2. The emergence of Ben McRoy. Even though he falls down any time he gets hit it is still pretty exciting to watch how fast he gets to top speed.
3. Running backs held their own. Despite vanilla play calling we saw a lot of talent in the backfield this year. Stephens, Crawford, Washington, and Williams all contributed in their own way. Let's hope Stephens is a fast healer. (Daniels...get your act together please)
4. Wide receivers were not spectacular but there were flashes of quality play from Torres, Moore, Marquez, and Ward.
5. Doege. He wasn't always doege but he played consistently throughout the year and gave us the opportunity to win most of the games except for UT, ISU, and OSU. If the defense had made a few stops we're heading to a bowl game right now and he is largely responsible for our success.
6. On the defensive side of the ball, hat tip to Bullitt, Davis (poor defender but always played hard), Smith, and __________ (fill in your own suggestion).
7. What did I miss?