I had posted this previously on"Big 12 football question of the day (Mon Jul 26 2010)" but wanted to get it out front.
We know Leach had his ways, and that whenever a reporter asked and obviously asinine question, Leach just said the very obvious and the reporter would be left grasping for air. But a few questions still beg to be asked and, hopefully answered:
1. What kind of record would Tech have had in the last decade if The Riverboat Gambler had been hired then instead of The Pirate Captain?
2. Would Tech be AS relevant to the national scene as well as the Big-12?
3. Would the recruiting be similar, or far different?
4. Would we ever have had the exact same “studs” as we have had (Harrell, Crabs, Symons, RoJo)?
5. Would we be at the next level already, ready for the next level, or just wishing to be there?
6. And lastly: Would DTN be here today?
Like all of you, I feel we are now headed in a new direction by a very capable coach and anticipate future championships will be forthcoming. But somehow one must wonder what it would be like today if Leach had nrver been hired by Texas Tech.
Just wondering what all of you might think about this and where Tech football is right now.