Odds and Ends
DTN's Top Five:
- Lots on the BCS and Congress and stuff: Team Speed Kills and is the BCS exclusionary; TSK with the Market and the BCS; Dawg Sports likes elitism in college football; and Sen. Blutarsky on the BCS and revenue sharing.
- Good thoughts on the college APR (i.e., it's far from perfect).
- Two-handed bowling (I might have to try this).
- Learn stuff: the Triple Option; the T Formation; and the Wishbone.
- Why recruiting makes me uncomfortable.
Texas Tech Baseball
Red Raiders and Wildcats
|Date||Start Time||Texas Tech
|5/8/2009||6:30 p.m.||Nate Karns (3-5, 6.18)||A.J. Morris (11-0, 1.29)||-|
|5/9/2009||2:00 p.m.||AJ Ramos (4-4, 5.40)||Lance Hoge (5-2, 3.67)||-|
|5/10/2009||1:00 p.m.||TBA||Todd Vogel (3-0, 4.67)||-|
LF - Michael Reed (Jr.); CF - Taylor Ashby (Jr.); RF - Garrett Totten (Fr.)
SS - Joey Kenworthy (Jr.) 2ND - Willie Rueda (Sr.);
3RD - Justin Berry (Fr.) 1ST - Chris Richburg (Sr.)
C - Jeremy Mayo (Fr.)
DH - Scott LeJeune (Fr.)
*Click on the score for boxscore. Texas Tech series preview (pdf).
LAJ's George Watson writes that this baseball team understands that their fate is in their own hands. Win and they'll make the Big 12 tournament. Here's DH Scott LeJueune:
"We’ll do what we have to do," said designated hitter Scott LeJeune, who is hitting a robust .419 in Big 12 play. "It’s still in our hands without needing anybody’s help. It’s still up to us to make the Big 12 Tournament and see what happens from there. We just have to make sure we’re worrying about ourselves and that’s all we can do."
And head coach Dan Spencer feels the same way:
"I say we can take care of our own business but I didn’t say, being on the road, that it would be easy," head coach Dan Spencer said. "I think that should be exciting four our guys. It doesn’t make a difference who we play or where we play. We’ve won more at home but we’ve beat some good people on the road. It’s just a matter of taking care of our business, controlling the things we can control and playing good baseball."
Watson also has pre-series notes.