Double-T Nation News:
No April Fool's jokes from DTN. Just be on your toes for internet high-jinx.
In no particular order, DTN's Top Eight:
- Rock Chalk Talk takes a look at the Big 12 RPI rankings.
- Sean Sutton could get canned at OSU? I had no idea. Really. (hat-tip ASOB).
- A life-sized C-3P0 and R2-D2. I have no idea what you do with this.
- Mocking the Draft is, well, mocking the 2008 NFL draft, with each of the SBN blogs picking players.
- Ever wanted to know about Cal and the trees-sitters?
- I'm a day late, but Corn Nation with Big 12 Baseball Weekly Review.
- Hashmarks asks if the NFL is turning its back on NFL Films. This would be a tragedy.
- True Hoop on the Dallas Mavericks blogger situation.
Texas Tech Football:
LAJ's Don Williams focuses on freshman quarterback Seth Doege. For those that don't know, Doege missed his junior and senior seasons with knee injuries, each knee. Here's Doege:
The all-important Coach Leach on Doege:
Go read the whole article.
Williams writes about a guy you don't hear much about in cornerback Brent Nickerson, who's starting to make a name for himself at practice. Defensive backs coach Brian Mitchell had this to say about Brent Nickerson (who also has a brother on the team, Trent Nikerson):
Williams also has a few additional notes from practice.
Texas Tech Baseball:
|Date||Texas Tech||Texas A&M CC||Result|
|Tue. 04/01/08 @ 6:05 p.m.||Russ Fornea (2-2, 5.51)||Trey Hernandez (0-4, 8.51)||Boxscore|
|Wed. 04/01/08 @ 3:00 p.m.||Cory Large (1-0, 6.19)||TBA||Boxscore|
Congrats to Doug Thennis who was named the Phillips 66 Big 12 Player of the Week! This was a well deserved award.
Although I'm sure this is the last thing from Coach Hays' mind, but wins today and on Wednesday give him 1,500 career victories.